Reclaim Australia plan second rally after Newcastle ‘success’

Written by admin on 05/07/2018 Categories: 南京夜网

Reclaim Australia plan second rally after Newcastle ‘success’ Police and Reclaim Australia marshalls escort protesters out of the rally on Saturday. Pic: Peter Stoop
Nanjing Night Net

Police and Reclaim Australia marshalls escort protesters out of the rally on Saturday. Pic: Peter Stoop

Police and Reclaim Australia marshalls escort protesters out of the rally on Saturday. Pic: Peter Stoop

Police and Reclaim Australia marshalls escort protesters out of the rally on Saturday. Pic: Peter Stoop

Police and Reclaim Australia marshalls escort protesters out of the rally on Saturday. Pic: Peter Stoop

Police and Reclaim Australia marshalls escort protesters out of the rally on Saturday. Pic: Peter Stoop

Police and Reclaim Australia marshalls escort protesters out of the rally on Saturday. Pic: Peter Stoop

Protesters hold up signs at the Reclaim Australia rally. Pic: Peter Stoop

Reclaim Australia organiser John Oliver speaking in Pacific Park on Saturday. Pic: Peter Stoop

Police and Reclaim Australia marshalls escort protesters out of the rally on Saturday. Pic: Peter Stoop

The Reclaim Australia rally in Newcastle. Pic: Peter Stoop

Counter-protesters outside the Reclaim Australia rally in Newcastle. Pic: Peter Stoop

Counter-protesters offer peace sign towards the Reclaim Australia rally. Pic: Peter Stoop

TweetFacebookGive Peace a Chanceduring the event.

A pair of protesters also interjected from within the perimeter before police and Reclaim Australia marshals moved them out of the area.

Reclaim Australia Newcastlemain organiserJohn Oliversaid the interjectors were removed quickly and peacefully, with the crowd unperturbed by the interruption.

“We barely even knew [the counter-protesters] were there,” he said.

Organisers had previously said they expected 500 to 1000 attendees, but Mr Oliver said he believed the lower attendance was still a success given the heavy rain falling over Newcastle.

He said his group was already planning to rally again in the Hunter.

“It was the peaceful rally we claimed it would be, we had people from all races and there were children running around,” Mr Oliversaid.

“We’ve obviously proven we are peaceful, concerned Australians from cross-section of the community [and] we are going to do it again.”

The rally included speeches by theAtheist Foundation’s Dr John Perkins and Restore Australia chief executive Mike Holt

Before Saturday’s counter-protest arrived in Newcastle East on Sunday, the rallyhaddrawn fire from opponents who describe the rally as a thinly-veiled attack on Newcastle’ immigrant community.

John Oliver

Comments Off on Reclaim Australia plan second rally after Newcastle ‘success’